CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 1, 2007

ROCKS, Silly Me

Here are some pictures of some rocks just for Merlin. I love rocks any kind!
This started as a little kid I'd come home with rocks in my pocket!


THIS IS A PICTURE OF MY ROCK STAND YES I KNOW MOST PEOPLE PUT CANDLES ON IT!




SOME OF MY FAVORITES A GEODE, AN ARROW HEAD, A BUBBLE GUM AGATE, AND A FAIR BURN
AGATE
The Geode is hard and lumpy on the out side but when you break it open on the inside it has crystals in it. The arrow head was used and made as a tool by the Native Americans. The bubble gum agate got its name because it looks like chewed up gum and the Fair Burn comes from the badlands in SD.








This is a picture of a rock my mom had painted for me. I like turtles and frogs too. She also had one with our last name and first names painted on it. It has to be my favorite as well.



People keep telling me I should start a Rock garden OUTSIDE (can you believe the nerve of some people? LOL Not a chance in hell) I'm afraid the neighborhood kids will take them. My honey is extremely tolerant of my fascination and has even pulled over. He gave me another rock collection for Christmas! The kind that comes every month YEAH HONEY!

Me: "Turn around and stop the car for a sec k honey"
Honey: " Why, is everything ok"
ME: "Yeah I just saw a really cool rock and I want to go back and get it!"
Honey: ( While chucking to him self and turning the car around) "You are so cute!"

I'm glad he thinks it's cute. I pick them up everywhere we go. My aunt gives me most of those that came from SD out of her rock garden (she keeps hers out side what a silly girl). I have rocks in the bottom of my purse and in my car sometimes even in my pockets.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so adorable. I love you to pieces. :)

Sunshine said...

Holly,

Why thanks! I love you too!

EL PADRONE said...

I'm impressed .... really.

I collect ceramics and glass myself.

You'd love Penarth Beach about 5 miles away from here.

2 or 3 miles of pebbles and rocks all the way down to the sea. It's where I take my dog for a walk when I want to think and get some fresh air.

M.

Sunshine said...

Merlin,
You should post some of your stuff I'd love to see it.

Unknown said...

I love being overindulged by Mike when I'm really into something....thus the reason we have so much crap that is dedicated to flip flops.

Mailyn said...

Hey those are pretty! I love rocks. ^__^

Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine said...

CSR,
It's nice of them to play along sometimes. I like flip flops too while not to wear but there cute to look at or as a pair of earrings, candles something like that but I can't do the thing between my toes . Gives me the creeps! ( I know what a dork right) hehe.

Mailyn
Thanks for stoping by! They are some of my favorites. Its nice to know I'm not the only one who loves rocks!

Isabel said...

Very pretty rocks. How sweet your hobby understands your rock collections. :)