CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 8, 2007

My family

I went to see my family over Memoral day weekend. My mom lives about 2 and a half hours from where I do. The kids and I left on Saturday at about 12:00 ( the monsters nap time, hey at least I didn't give him benadrly LOL ) we arrived around 2:30 and visited with my mom for a couple hours before my dad and sister showed up. My G&G (grandma and grandpa) along with my aunt and cousin showed up at about 5:00. I was very nervous cuz my dad and sister like to drink a couple beers( for those of you who know them they have slowed down over the years) my grandmother does not find this a good idea so I was kinda worried about how the weekend was going to turn out.

Sidenote My mom and dad have been divorced for over 20 years. They however get along great now and are WONDERFUL grandparents and we are able to do things as a family now don't get me wrong I'm not one of those kids who wants their parents to get back together. They are great but not together. Besides they have been divorced ever since I can remember. END SIDE NOTE

I must say I'm extremely impressed my dad and sister waited till G&G went back to the hotel to drink and everyone got a long great.

My dad took the kids bike riding all weekend and I must say he is an AMAZING grandpa he cooked dinner and went to the store (taking all the kids except for the monster with him because his name is exactly as he is).He carved roaster for their marshmallows out of sticks when we have hangers down stairs but he wants to do it the "old fashioned way" I love it! He made sure they had super soakers for their out door adventures this summer (some how the monster got the short end of this stick and was drenched with in the hour and by the way he loved it so not to worry) He has to go home tomorrow and I'm sad, till next time I guess but even though I've been gone for the better part of 7 years it doesn't make it any eaider to say goodbye.

G&G are good they are getting older and it make me feel bad about moving away. It's times like this I wish I could move home but the living there is so high and the pay is not that good (besides to do what I do I'd have to live like 50 miles away from where I want to in a town that I don't really like or wouldn't want to raise my kids in.

We had a great time! I'll post more about this later(in detail just to warn you) and I can't wait to see them in July!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sunshine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Awww! I'm so glad you got to see your fam! I miss you and your parents. :(

LOVE YOU!