CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Responsibility

For Christmas we got my daughter ( shes 11)a track phone. You know the ones where you have to pay for the minutes in advance. The deal was that she got the phone and then had to save her allowance to buy the minutes. We're trying to teach her responsibility and blah blah blah (cards cost bout 30.00 every 2 months). She did pretty good and got herself new minutes as time went on. In March she "lost the phone". My husband and I were very upset with her and told her if she wanted a new one she'd have to buy it herself. At the end of March we got my daughter a new phone and my husband told her she had to pay us back for it. He told her to draw up a contract (yes, those are the exact words he used) and that he was also going to charge her interest.

I have to tell you, at first I was a little upset with my husband over this. I mean, "Charge interest"? Please! But then he made some very good points about teaching her responsibility and how he wished someone had explained interest and loans and such to him before he got one from the bank and I had to agree with him.

But then, it turns out it was actually stolen from our house along with a few other things.

(not to worry I lock the doors now!) I'm from a small town where you could leave them open at night or during the day and not have to worry bout it. I now live in a bigger city and obviously the same rules don't apply here!

3 comments:

EL PADRONE said...

I live in a very big city but in the kind of neighbourhood where you could leave the house open and go on holiday for 2 weeks.

Everyone knows everyone else.

M.

EL PADRONE said...

PS There aren't any big cities in Nebraska are there ??????

M.

Sunshine said...

Merlin,
It would be nice not to have to worry about it but I suppose its best to lock the doors.

There is one well its big to me anyhow! It has aprox 850,000 People. I grew up in a town of about 7,000.So its REALLY big to me! LOL But I love the convience and hate the business of the big city. I loved how the little town I grew up in was so outdoors beatiful parks. As Seen in above picture of creek. Also most of my family lives there and I miss them too!