CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Questions from what where you expecting!

My friend Holly over at What where you expecting asked us ladies to do this. So here it is.


A little back ground first!

We eloped I was 17 and PG. At the time I didn't really tell to many people because I didn't want them to try to talk me out of it because we were so young. I knew what I wanted and I knew it was him. So my mom came with us to the court house to get our marriage lisence( in the state we lived in you had to be 18 or have a parent sign for you) beigns that we did it so quickly (decided to get married on a thursday and did it on that sunday) We didn't have a lot of money I was still in High school ( and for all you haters out there YES I did graduate from High school thank you very much! Not only is Honey an amazing husband hes a great dad too!) We bought a matching set of rings from the pawn shop.

How did he propose? Or did he at all? Well I wouldn't really call it a purposal. We had a discussion about it one day.
Honey: so do you... do you wanna get married?
Me : Sure when are you talkin about?
Honey: How bout this weekend?
Me : Sounds good to me.

How long were you together before he did? Three years

When did you get married (Time of year, date, time of day, etc)? March 24th 1996 in the early afternoon. We were married in my moms living room. LOL It was a really cold, snowy day there was about one and a half feet of snow on the ground!

Was it big or small? Did you regret doing it one way or the other (i.e. if it was small and intimate, do you regret not having a larger celebration?)? IT was VERY small. I don't have any regrets about the we I did it but I would've liked to have more of my family and friends there.I would have liked to have worn a dress too. Doesn't work too well being really big and PG.

Where did you register? What's the best gift you received? we didn't register! My family had a "wedding reception" for us nothing big just family. We got a lot of kitchen stuff. I still have most of it.

Who was your Maid of Honor? Do you still have contact with her? we didn't have brides maids or best men. My mom signed for me and my dad signed for my husband. I had one of my friends there and my sister. My husband invited one of his best friends. And yes I still talk to my mom I love her. Even though we were so young I love him and wouldn't change anything about the way we did things.






What were your colors? No colors My mom did make us a beautiful cake ( she was a cake decorator at the time. The BEST if I do say so my self. Not that I'm biased or anything HEHE) I still have the topper it sits in my china cabinent. "Pictured"

Any tips for cutting corners you can offer? no not really Nothing short of eloping sorry!

Any advice for the bride-to-be? Have fun! ,do what makes you and MM happy.

We are still happily married and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

SIDE NOTE: While we were in Vegas he purposed to me again. We were just getting out of bed the last morning we were there and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him again. I said yes and that I wanted to wait till we got home cuz I wanted our daughter to be there. He slowly slid the ring (yes I got a second ring LOL) on to my middle TOE ( yes ladies and gents ) I said TOE. I thought this was unique and very sweet I loved it!
We'll be doing that someday but no rush we have the rest of our lives! Even then I don't want it to be big just a few friend and our families. END SIDE NOTE

4 comments:

Isabel said...

awww you got an engagement ring for you toe. :)

Sunshine said...

he's so cute

Unknown said...

That's so awesome that your parents were so supportive! I am assuming his weren't so thrilled.

Sunshine said...

We didn't really talk to his parents. I don't know if we even told them. He didn't live at home anymore. We talk to them now but not much.